Any vehicle registered within Town limits with a current state license must also display a town decal.
- County/Town vehicle decals go on sale March 1st of every year at town hall and must be on your vehicle by March 31st. You must present your state registration card for each vehicle to purchase the decal. ALL PERSONAL PROPERTY TAXES must be paid in full before purchasing your town decal.
- The current price of the decal is $25.00. Any decal purchased after March 31st for a vehicle owned on March 1st will incur a $25.00 late penalty, bringing the cost to $50.00 per decal. For any vehicle purchased after March 1st, the owner must purchase a county or town decal within thirty days of the purchase date.
- To transfer a decal to another car, the registration for the vehicle along with part of the old decal (even if mutilated) must be presented. Transfers must be purchased within 30 days after the purchase date of the vehicle. There is a $2.00 charge for a transfer decal.
- Town vehicle decals are not required for motorcycles or antique vehicles displaying antique license.
- If you move into the Town ofClarksvillefrom another locality, we will honor the decal from your previous locality until it expires.
- The purchaser is responsible for the safekeeping of their decal. A lost decal is the responsibility of the purchaser. There is no refund for decals.
- There is no cost for the decal to any vehicle with POW or Disable Veteran license plate.