The Town of Clarksville, VA is seeking a Town Manager to act as Chief Administrative Officer for the Town. This position will be responsible for the general management of the administrative affairs and work of the Town, implementing service programs including water and sewer utility and solid waste collection systems; planning and zoning, economic development and others; and preparation of budgets, reports and proposals for the Town Council as needed. Serves as Town representative to citizens and general public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Broad and diversified managerial experience in planning and directing major programs of local public services; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies applicable to structure, functions, programs, and practices in conducting public services through Town government.
- Knowledge of modern principles, practices, methods, and techniques in evaluating program and facility needs of a small-sized Town.
- Ability to evaluate socioeconomic and physical problems of smaller town populations.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, assign, and evaluate the work of staff.
- Ability to devise cost effective approaches to satisfying community needs and aspirations.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, other public officials, and representatives of other organizations.
- Ability to identify and generate external sources of funding to support Town priorities.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively in managing and marketing the Town
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
- Town Residency
- View/Download Complete Job Description
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Requests for additional information may be directed to the Interim Town Manager, tel. 434,374-8177.or firstname.lastname@example.org . Interested persons should forward a copy of their full resume, with at least three references , no later than July 31,2012 to
Town Manager Position
Clarksville, Virginia 23927
A background check will be conducted on all finalists for the position. The Town of Clarksville is an EOE and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.